Pages

2.25.2013

fun monday: Sadie's Week 17 Update

Hi Friends,

Sadie here ... How was your weekend?

This is my Week 17 update from LAST Monday.  And this past Friday I turned 4 months.  Can you believe it?  The Big 4 and no 0.  (Stay tuned for more photos from my 4 Month Birthday).

So first ... what did we do this weekend?  We had a big one!  Not only was it my 4 month birthday ... but on Friday part of Mommy's work day consisted of professional development of her choice so we went to the museums with Mommy.  We also first had lunch at the Black Lab (British food - thanks for waking me up guys).  Then we went to the Contemporary Arts Museum of Houston and the Cullen Sculpture Garden (The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston).  Mommy said she could do this EVERY Friday.

Saturday we went to the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo parade with "Auntie" Alicen.  Big Bro Max loved the drums in the bands.  Thanks again guys for not waking me up for the parade!  Then Max had his SoccerTots later that afternoon.  Besides our usual this weekend ... we will probably just also head to the park later today (Sunday).

How about you?  What did you do?  (Stay tuned for some photos from my weekend!)

Image Credit: Mad Max and Family / Tara J

Sadie's Week 17 Update


Weight: We go to the doc today (Monday) for my 4 month check up.  I should know the details then.  What would you guess?

Height: See above.

Health: Wonderful so we think!  We should find out more at the doc.




Sleep: I'm doing about the same.  Definitely not great at the grandparents, but I am better at home with Mommy.  We hope things get better all around!  We are continuing to try CIO (cry it out).  In a few weeks, I am going to be transitioning into my pack and play bed at home (and we are giving away our bassinet to a friend).  And then I will transition to my crib.  We are moving soon to our temporary house (and our new home at the end of the year / beginning of the year) so we will get my crib then.  We need to find one first!  Any tips on modern looking white cribs?  That aren't too terribly pricey?

Diet: Same - Mommy's Milk only!  Nursing Moms ... what do you do to keep your milk supply up?



Social: Basically everything we stated above in our Weekend Update.  I don't know that I went anywhere last week when Mimi or Ya Ya were watching me.





Clothes: The clothes in this posting are from Carter's (we promise, not all of my clothes are from Carter's).  I'm still wearing 3 months + or 3 - 6 months.  I can probably fit in the smaller 6 months + soon.  But Mommy isn't going to get those ready yet.  

Baby Gear: About the same as last week... I'm really liking grabbing things - so my toys with texture.  I have some soft blocks that have texture that were Max's.  Mommy is also getting a lot of use out of her Ergo.  How do you wear your baby?





Crying: I had a few nights this past week where I woke up crying a lot.  Mommy was pretty sure it was a tummy ache of some kind.  I still cry a lot with the grandparents, but we are hoping that gets better soon.  Any tips?

Likes: I really like watching my brother (as always), talking a lot, when Mommy and others sing to me ...and now I like grabbing my toes!


Postpartum: From Mommy - my hair is definitely falling out - about the same as it did with Max.  I still feel like I need to do a ton more exercise, but I'm doing the best that I can.  I'm completely exhausted, but that has more to do with working FT at a demanding job and taking care of two babies (and everything else I need to do).  If you are in the postpartum world right now, how are you?

Milestones: I'm grabbing AND holding on to my feet now.  It just happened over this past week.  I'm also REALLY close to rolling over back to front.

What is Max Up To This Week?: Max is still talking and singing a lot.  His big milestone of the week was ... Mommy was reading a book to me, and he started filling in the words (had the books memorized).  He is also singing along to a lot of songs.

What about you?  How was your weekend?  What are you up to this week?

-Sadie of Mad Max and Family

PS: Please also find us on Mad About Town.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...