Pages

6.27.2012

What is Your Next Stop?: Travel + Tot

Hi Family, Friends, and Fans,

Mommy and I wanted to share a smaller set (versus 500+) of our Disney World photos today, but well, it's taking Train Wreck Mommy a long time to figure them out!

So in the meantime ... Mommy and I want to offer you some quick traveling with tot tips.  And what tips may you have for even smaller ones or the bigger kiddos?  We look forward to hearing from you!

Tip #1: If you are flying to reach your summer vacation destination, treat your young tot to their own seat on the plane (if it's a long flight)!  Okay, if your tot is under 2 (therefore, free, and can be a lap child) ... one would probably immediately say, take the free route.  Well, not for this Super Tot.  This decision probably depends on the age and activity level of your under 2 year old.  I like to walk around and be pretty active, but since I had my own seat (and in my car seat) ... I just slept the flight away!  No bad neck cramp for me.

Image Credit: Mad Max and Family / Tara Johnson

Here I am above in my airplane seat.  Slept like a Super Newborn Baby!


Tip #2: Stick to your tot's schedule / routine as much as possible while still being flexible.  I had generally the same morning and night routine (although the times might have been off), and I still (most days) took my two naps.  We took a break from all of the excitement during the middle of the day, so that helped keep me sane (or should we say, Mommy sane?).

Image Credit: Mad Max and Family / Tara Johnson

I'm enjoying a meal at our resort (in our resort apt)!
Tip #3: Always have your tot's fav beverages and snacks on hand!  In my case that would be cold water, Peanut Butter Balls (Whole Foods 365 Organic Brand), and I also liked Larabars.

Image Credit: Mad Max and Family / Tara Johnson

I'm enjoying my peanut butter balls after the Mad Tea Party in Magic Kingdom.


Tip #4: Have some extra toys / distractions to pull out when necessary.  Oh, and don't forget your Super Tot's fav lovies.

Image Credit: Mad Max and Family / Tara Johnson

Here I am enjoying a nap at one of the Disney parks with Lambie and (Baby) Monkey of course.

Tip #5: Sometimes that special treat / prize (and the unexpected one at that) will make the whole trip!  In my case, it was the Mickey balloon Dada got me.  Thank you, Dada!  (It was fun for me and the whole family for the whole week!).

Image Credit: Mad Max and Family / Tara Johnson

Isn't this the BEST balloon? Dada got it for me at Magic Kingdom.  Love you, Dada!


I hope you enjoyed our tips.  What tips can you share with us? 

You can also always find us on Mad About Town.

-Mad Max and Family



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...