Pages

10.08.2012

Mad for Monday (Max's Weekend Update): Hospital Tours, Dewberry Farms, Wild Things, and More!

Hi Friends,

Did you have a fun weekend like us?  What did you do?

That is the plus side.  The negative side is we had some technical difficulties last night, and Mommy and I accidently slept in today (our weekend was exhausting too!) so we will bring you an even longer post tonight (after work) with more photos (and info) from our weekend update.  In the meantime ... please enjoy!

Mommy was still (frantically) preparing for Baby Sister all weekend, but we had lots of fun things to enjoy in between.  Speaking of Sadie, I took my Toddler Hospital Tour at The Woman's Hospital of Texas.  I got to learn more about babies, hold a baby (doll), see the nursery with small Super Babies, and see where Mommy will be living it up for 3 nights ... oh, and of course, won the ladies over with my sneaky grin.  I'm ready to be your Super Big Bro, Sadie!

We also went to Gap to get some new clothes for Daddy's Birthday.  Happy Birthday to Daddy this Wednesday!

Saturday afternoon we went with Gramby and Pops to Dewberry Farm (thanks for joining us!).  We had such a fun time that we plan on going back every year.  It'll be a Fall tradition.  We have so much to share that we'll also have a special "next stop" post on Wednesday that focuses only on Dewberry Farm.  Have you been yet?  (Thanks for having us, Dewberry!).

Sunday was my 21 month Birthday.  How did I celebrate?  By being a Wild Thing, of course.  Actually we had our usual church fun, Whole Foods fun, and SongPlay! music class, but we also .... saw Mimi and Grampi and went to our church Pumpkin Patch to see even more pumpkins.  Mommy was sneaky ... I've been avoiding wearing my "Max from Where the Wild Things Are" Halloween costume she got me from Pottery Barn Kids, but she put it on me when I was half asleep.  Then I was loving it so much (running around like the King of all Wild Things) I wouldn't even take it off for music class.  (I still won't wear my wolf hat / crown, but Mommy and Gramby are working on it).

Finally, I got my big boy seat: Graco My Ride 70 (Gramby did a lot of research to pick the safest seat, thank you!).  They recommend rear-facing for under 2, but it wouldn't fit that way in our car (good thing I'm the big 2 soon!).  I love my new seat.  I even put my car keys in my cup holder.  Mommy and Daddy got it from Target.

Enjoy some photos ...

Hospital Tour


Image Credit: Mad Max and Family / Tara J


Dewberry Farm: 


Image Credit: Mad Max and Family

Image Credit: Mad Max and Family / Tara J

Pumpkin Patch at St. Luke's Methodist Church:



Image Credit: Mad Max and Family / Tara J

The King of all Wild Things in my Super Big Boy Seat:


Image Credit: Mad Max and Family / Tara J

Speaking of Halloween Fun ... did you check out our Friday blog for some Halloween Foto Fun?  Don't miss it!

-Mad Max

PS: Find us also on Mad About Town.

2 comments:

Kate @ Daffodils said...

Looks like a busy weekend! And it seems that you are ready to be a big brother,max!

Mad Max and Family said...

Yes, I love how I made every weekend in October before Sadie's birth super busy. I'm ready for a vacation!

I'm so excited to see how he reacts with the baby. I hope it's positive!

-Tara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...