Pages

10.04.2012

Thursday's Kids and T(w)eens: New Siblings and Sibling Bonds

Hi Friends,

So Mommy and I have a question for you ...

How did you prepare older ones (older than tots) for new siblings?  Or if you have siblings, and there is a bigger age gap - how were you prepared?

Were there more jealously issues?  Less?  Were they more helpful?  What are your experiences?

We would love to hear from you!

Also what is the bond like between your kids?  Mommy and I really enjoyed this article from the NY Times Motherlode, "The Brother-Sister Bond."  Do you have kids of the opposite sex?  What is their bond like?  Or do you have a sibling of the opposite sex?  What is your bond like with them?

I'm really looking forward to becoming best buds with my Super Sister - Super Sadie!  I'm the Big Brother, and I'll take care of her always.

In honor of the upcoming birthday for Super Sadie (Due: 10/22), I'll share one of Mommy's favorite newborn photos of me.  We can't wait to see your newborn photos, Sadie!

Image Credit: Erin Carlyle Photography

-Mad Max

PS: You can also read us at Mad About Town.



5 comments:

Tamra {ever swoon} said...

I love my sistah! Max and Sadie are going to be super siblings and super best friends.

Mad Max and Family said...

Love you too!

I hope so!

-Tara

k said...

that is the most gorgeous newborn photo....
I'm going to check out that nytimes article now!

Mad Max and Family said...

Thank you! We love that photo too.

-Tara

Kate @ Daffodils said...

ah, I worried so much about this too. My inner nerd quotes F. Scott Fitzgerald: there are a lot of loves in the world, but no two loves are the same. I have found that is the best way to explain the birth of the second child. Luckily, Cullen totally embraced 'big brother' role, but on the other side, i was SO much more emotional with B's birth because i couldn't believe how much I loved him.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...