Pages

7.31.2012

Tuesday's Tots and Wee Ones: Little Ones and Learning

Hi Family, Friends, and Fans,

Do your little ones go to school?  If so ... how did you choose your school?  What do they do in school?  Do you think they enjoy it?

School: Train Wreck Mommy said she is looking for me to go to a school (Mother's Day Out program) next year because I'm a big boy now (and I'm already schooled in the street).  If you have any tips for her ... please send them her way!

Home: What about learning at home?  I enjoy learning with my family all of the time!  Do you set aside specific time, activities, or toys for learning?  What do you do?  What do you play / learn with?

Time: Mommy and I definitely having reading time and art time every day (and learning throughout!).  We love to learn most on our adventures throughout the city.

Activities: For our art activities, right now we mostly enjoy making drawings / coloring and sculpting with Play-Doh.  We are going to start using other materials more (like paint!).  I also tried out chalk outside for the first time at Gramby's and Pop's last week.


Image Credit: Mad Max and Family / Tara J

Image Credit: Mad Max and Family / Tara J

Image Credit: Mad Max and Family / Tara J
Toys: What types of "toys" do you make or buy to play and learn with your little one?  Mommy said she has already started thinking about the Holidays (Christmas in July!) to be better prepared this year ... so she's thinking of different things she wants to focus on for me and Sadie.  For me, she wants to focus more on the alphabet, numbers, shapes, colors, and maybe some foreign languages.  She also loves to buy of gifts that encourage play (inside and outside) and the arts.  (And of course reading is always a favorite of ours!).  Any suggestions on holiday gifts that cover these areas?

Mommy said she loves the toy website: YoYo.com.  Mommy said she found a few picks so far (don't worry, I won't peek):

Classic Alpha / Number Blocks (From Mommy: I love the classic blocks!)
Bath Numbers and Letters (From Mommy: I've been wanting to get him these for a while for the tub).
Melissa & Doug Shape Sorting Cube (From Mommy: He has a few shape sorters already, but I like all the shape options this one has!)
From Mommy: I'd like to buy some foreign language flash cards that are age appropriate - suggestions welcome!


Step2 Flip and Doodle Easel Desk (From Mommy: I really want to get him an art easel, but I see most are for ages 3+.  I think I need to do some more in person research.  When did you first get your little one an art easel?)
Goodnight Moon (From Mommy: This is one of the classics that we do not have.  Which ones are missing from your library?)

We look forward to hearing about how your little ones plan and learn at school or home!  What do you think?

-Mad Max





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...