Pages

9.25.2012

Tuesday's Tots and Wee Ones: Happy and Healthy

Hi Friends,

How are you being healthy this week?  Through food?  Activity?  Other?

If you have little ones (like me, Mad Max!) how do you make sure that they live a healthy lifestyle?

We are focused on health this week and on our Whole Foods Grape Exploration.  Did you read our weekend update yesterday?

Today we are sharing a healthy meal / snack idea for your little ones.  As some of you may know, we are obsessed with "fancy" PB & J sandwiches.  There's so much you can do with them!  How do you like to serve your PB & J sandwiches?  Did you know you can serve them with yummy grapes?


Image Credit: Mad Max and Family / Tara J

First you go on a Grape Exploration (at Whole Foods Market)!


Image Credit: Mad Max and Family / Tara J


Image Credit: Mad Max and Family / Tara J


Image Credit: Mad Max and Family / Tara J


Image Credit: Mad Max and Family / Tara J


You can read more about the above recipe books from our Weekend Update post (yesterday).  The green black red book has a whole section for kids starting on page 99 (including a PB&G (Grapes)) on page 108.  Of course make sure that your little one is old enough to eat grapes, and cut them into small pieces.


Image Credit: Mad Max and Family / Tara J


This past weekend we enjoyed some PB & G(rapes!) (Organic Grapes from Whole Foods Market) with a side of organic popcorn and more grapes.  What a yummy afternoon meal.  Little ones should also not have popcorn, but I'm (Mad Max) old enough to have popcorn now.  Mommy and Daddy tear it in to smaller pieces.  The smaller plate is my plate.  Please ignore the different plates we used - train wrecks, I say!

We also used ... (from Whole Foods Market

Whole Foods Bread (Bread Department)
Golden Organics Natural and Creamy Organic Peanut Butter (No Salt!  No Sugar!)
365 Everyday Value Organic Popcorn (No Oil or Salt Added)



Image Credit: Mad Max and Family / Tara J


Image Credit: Mad Max and Family / Tara J

And most importantly, enjoy!

So how do you enjoy your grapes?  How do you make sure that your little ones stay healthy?  We'd love to hear your ideas.

Also Healthy Tidbit of the Day: As far as activity ... I've been practicing my soccer skills.  I started throwing up my hands and yelling GOAL!! when I kick the ball.  This amuses the adults.

Be sure to check us out also on Mad About Town.

-Mad Max

2 comments:

Kate @ Daffodils said...

You are a healthy little man! My two boys love grilled veggies or we sneak them into muffins. Yum!

And per your comment on my post, we have the Nikon d3100 (it is 3 years old, there are faster models now) and I love it, obviously, since there are more pictures than words in all my posts ;) Let me know if you have any other questions! (kk.larrabee@gmail.com)

Mad Max and Family said...

Kate, yes sneaking food is a great idea too! He's hit or miss the last several months with how well he eats at meals, but I think that is normal for his age.

Thanks for the info on your camera. I have a pretty good Canon, but I think I need to get a lens / practice more too.

Best,
Tara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...