Pages

2.26.2012

Mad for Monday (Max's Weekend Update): Babies and Byzantine Frescoes

Hi Family, Friends, and Fans,

How was your weekend?

I had a busy weekend with Train Wreck (I just accidently typed Treck .... a combination of Train and Wreck, maybe I should use that for now on?) Mommy and My Hero Daddy out and about the city.  There was a lot going on this weekend in Houston (the biggest probably being the start of the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo).

Did you get some culture in where you are ...?

A few highlights ... 


  • This past week / weekend I was finally upgraded to an (almost) big boy bath.  But they are still keeping me hostage in an odd contraption.  At least it has toys on it (but I'm not fooled).  And at least I can brush my own teeth.  Wow, check out that head of mine (bigger to hold my big brain). See below.



Laughing at the ducks in Hermann Park.


Checking out the meerkats in the Houston Zoo.

And the highlight of the weekend ... saying goodbye to the frescoes at The Byzantine Fresco Chapel.



The frescoes at The Byzantine Fresco Chapel (The Menil Collection) are returning to Cyprus.  The last weekend to see the frescoes in all their beauty here in Houston is THIS coming weekend.  You can read all about the frescoes at The Byzantine Fresco Chapel website and about their journey home to Cyprus in this New York Times article.

Mommy was kind enough to turn me upside down so I could enjoy the frescoes too.  If you are in Houston, you MUST see them before they leave.

Do you have any cultural gems where you live?  What are your favorites?

Also highlights from this weekend ... 
  • NBA All Star Weekend (I passed up the dunk contest this year to give Air Bud a chance).
  • Oscars: We will be celebrating the spirit of the Oscars and film this week at Mad Max and Family.  Be sure to come back and visit, and let us know what you thought of the Oscars.
-Mad Max

2 comments:

Tamra {ever swoon} said...

Such a big boy Mino!! Brushing you own teeth! Love you! x

Mad Max and Family said...

Thanks for stopping by, Auntie Tam!

Next time we are together let's brush our teeth together!

xo,
Mad Max

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...